Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot SSD Clone, Please help

I want to upgrade my old 500GB SSD to new 2TB SSD, so I want to clone my old SSD data to the new one. I installed my new SSD to a SSD enclosure and connect it with USB cable.

At first it is fine, I can saw I added the disk (disk E) in the computer.

but then, when I tried to clone the date using the Aomei Backupper, everytime I start to clone, my new SSD (disk E) will disappeared. I don't know why. The first time I wait like 3 hours to let it finish loading the clone, but after waiting, it shows failed.

And I tried different methods, for example, When the new SSD (disk E) disappeared while clone, I add it back into my computer. It also cannot finish the clone, it will be error. 

I tried many methods, but none of it works, even if it works, the clone data is so weird, it isnt the same as my old SSD, and it will slipt my new SSD into different disks.

My English is not very good, I am sorry about that, I tried to explain as good as I can, but I really needed some help, please help. Thanks!!

Comments

• edited September 6
    Before cloning, please always confirm your source and destination disk have the same Partition Table Type MBR/GPT. In this case, your source disk is GPT, so before cloning, please convert your destination disk to GPT. You could use Partition Assistant, or Command > Diskpart to do that.

Cmd
    Diskpart
    List Disk
    Select Disk #
    Clean
    Con GPT
    List Disk
    Det Disk

Please reply with a screenshot of those commands, thank you.
    Remember, when you create a new disk partition table, it will erase all data on that disk. Diskpart Clean command will erase all data on disk.

System Clone is best for migrating Windows to a new Disk or PC. Disk Clone is best for disks that do not have Windows on them.
    In this case, I see you have Windows on your source disk, please use System Clone, not Disk Clone.

If your native language is not English, please post in your native language.