Home Not Spam

Cyber Backup on Windows 11 - Not Deleting Full Backups, Not Merging .avhdx files

edited October 2 in Not Spam
Hello, I have the free version of Cyber Backup on Windows 11 Pro to run backups of a single Hyper-V VM. This VM consists of a 1.25TB virtual disk and lives on a 2TB physical disk. I'm running into a situation where Cyber Backup causes my machine to run out of physical storage, thereby rendering my VM unable to boot up again. 

I understand that Cyber Backup is supposed to delete and merge old snapshots, however that does not seem to be happening.

In the screenshots attached, I have:
  1. Run two full backups and one incremental backup
  2. Deleted one of the two full backups
I would expect this to be reflected in the file system, but what I see is:
  1. The backup disk still has two full backups and one incremental backup on it despite the fact that I deleted one of the full backups (as per screenshot of my backup folder vs. Cyber Backup UI)
  2. Multiple virtual disks that have not been merged (as per screenshot of Virtual Disks folder)
  3. Multiple checkpoints that have not been deleted (as per screenshot of Hyper-V UI)
The next time a full backup runs, I will exhaust my disk space and be unable to start my VM.

Is there a setting that I'm missing or is this behavior unexpected?

Comments

• @iamacasual 1. The backup disk still has two full backups and one incremental backup on it despite the fact that I deleted one of the full backups (as per screenshot of my backup folder vs. Cyber Backup UI)---Please attach the "log" folder under the installation directory AOMEI Cyber Backup so the technicians will analyze this issue. 2. Multiple virtual disks that have not been merged (as per screenshot of Virtual Disks folder)---Currently, there is no a feature to merge virtual disks in AOMEI Cyber Backup. We are unsure of what you mean "merge" of virtual disks. Please explain it in more detail. 3. Multiple checkpoints that have not been deleted (as per screenshot of Hyper-V UI)---Yes, the checkpoints will not be deleted automatically. We do not advise you to delete checkpoints if you want to run incremental backups.