Home AOMEI Products Support

How to include USB 3.0 support driver to Backupper generated Win PE boot media?

Hi,

My computer is an Asus Vivo Mini UN62 that runs with Windows 7 and features only USB 3.0 slots. I created a boot medium with Win PE 3.1 from Backupper Standard 2.8 and managed to have the bios boot from this medium. But, as it turns out, Win PE does not seems to include any USB 3.0 driver in it. Therefore, once Backupper's recovery software is loaded, I have no way to operate it since neither the keyboard or the mouse will respond.

How can I solve this issue?

Thank you, very much, in advance, for your attention and reply.

Fantasio

Comments

• edited November 2015

We apologize for the inconvenience you met and the reason was probably because the bootable disk lacked of those drivers so we suggest you to recreate the bootable  disk and click Add Drivers to make it.

• Hello, 

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and advice.

One of your colleagues of Aomei's technical support emailed me a snapshot of a step along the boot media creation process. I was not aware there was a button enabling users to add drivers. Sorry for failing to notice this in the first place.

Have a nice day!

Fantasio

• Hello,

It seems I rejoiced a bit too quickly.

Having included all the relevant drivers I could think of (USB 3.0, Chipset) into the Win PE boot medium, I tried again to use Backupper Win PE only to find out the keyboard and the mouse still fail to be detected. What did I miss? Have you been confronted with similar cases previously? I know solving a configuration specific issue is difficult but still, please let me know your thoughts. I am now trying to tweak with the BIOS options just in case.

• Don't know if it would solve the problem, but you could try using Double Driver to generate a structured listing of all the drivers on your PC.

Run DD and select everything.

Save the output to a convenient folder.

In the output folder locate the the Keybooard and mouse drivers.

These have the inf files that would be required for the PE disk.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/double_driver.html

• Sidrick, thanks a lot for this excellent suggestion! It did the trick.

I wish Backupper's boot medium creation wizzard could properly integrate the drivers so that there was no head scratching in the future.