Home AOMEI Products Support

Invalide key

Hello, following the reinstallation of Windows10 on 10/21/2020 all the software on my hard drive has been erased, including AOMEI Backupper Pro installed on 16/10/2020. I reinstalled AOMEI Backupper today 10/22/2020 and the key I indicate is deemed "invalid" How is this possible?
Kind regards
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Rvolution59,
    We have reset your license codes. Please try to register again.
  • Hello,
    AOMEI Backupper Pro is now functional. With all my thanks for your intervention
    Kind regards.
  • I run a Social Ministry and purchased Backupper Pro to create SSD clones of a couple of donated (old) laptops to speed then up. We will be using them in the office. I installed and registered the program on the first laptop and successfully cloned the disk. I uninstalled Backupper Pro and installed it on the second laptop but cannot register it. I get a message saying 'Invalid Code'.
    Surely I don't have to purchase the program each time I install on a target computer.
    My order number is 684266033

• As I understand the license agreement the license is specific to a single machine.  You can use the Backupper Standard version (free Version) on many machines, but not the Professional version. 

• The free version doesn't work  for me as there are functions that I need the PRO version for.
    I bought it to clone several laptop HD disks  to SSD's to speed up the systems not for backup.
    Windows 10 does a decent job of that plus File History works really well for me.
    To clone efficiently its better to run the program on the PC you are cloning.
    SSD's are under $100 these days so surely I don't have to buy a copy of BackUpper at ~$50 every time I want to clone a laptop disk?
    I uninstall the program after I clone the disk and I'm sure AOMEI can figure that out, heck, they ask you why you are doing it!   

• @KenElliott, Generally, the license code of AOMEI Backupper Pro is allowed to use for 1 PC.
    LICENSEE is not allowed to lease, sell, rent out or pass the Software to another person in any way. Such license is non-transferable and non-assignable, except in limited circumstances. The limited circumstances include where the original computer the Software license was deployed on: (i) becomes non-functioning; and (ii) falls into disuse. In such cases, the license is transferable to a replacement computer.
    How many computers do you have that need to do the clone? You might need to purchase the license for every computer. Or, you can use AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition to do disk clone. 
    For System disk clone, AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition supports disk clone from MBR disk to MBR, or GPT disk to GPT. If the source and target disk are different disk style, you can convert the target disk to the same type as the source via Windows Disk Management, and then do the disk clone again.
  • Here is a suggestion.  On the computer with the Aomei Backupper Professional installed obtain a copy of Aomei PE Builder 2.0 and install it on the machine.  Then run the PE Builder 2.0 and create a emergency rescue media.  The PE Builder will create a rescue media with Aomei Backupper Professional on it.  Then you can move the emergency rescue media to one of the other machines that you want to clone the disc to a SSD and boot up the machine on the rescue media.  The version of Aomei Backupper on the emergency media will be the professional version.  See if you can clone the disc using the emergency rescue media and do the things that you want to do.  Good luck.
  • Disappointed that I no longer have a working copy of BackUpper Pro that I paid for.
    Unimpressed with tech support's idea of 'customer service'.
    Luckily my purchased copy of Partition Assistant does everything I need.
    Its not as convenient and fast when having to cloning a USB connected drive to a second USB drive, but it works.
    I doubt I'll be recommending AOMEI in the future.
  • @KenElliott, Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Do you only need to do clone for two computers? The license code of AOMEI Partition Assistant is allowed to use for 2 PCs.
  • I now have Partition Assistant installed on my preferred Win10 PC which is an i7 Quad core with USB3 ports.
    The process is a little slower but I can clone disks using the USB/SATA external drive enclosures. I've done a couple of disk clones in the last week and probably that will be it for now.
    I get donated hardware for use in our food pantry now and then. Installing SSD's and extra memory is typically what I do to speed them up some.
    The problem was that I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to reinstall and license Backupper Pro on another PC after I had un-installed it from the first PC I cloned. 
  • @KenElliott, if you need to do clone for more PCs after, maybe you can upgrade your license to AOMEI Backupper tech, which supports unlimited PCs.
  • Hi @admin
    I am having the same trouble with Aomei Partition Assistant. I reset the windows and it says that I already used it on two pcs.
    Please help!
  • @Tayeeb007, Please contact the support team via email and offer your license code so that they help you check the problem.
  • Why do I have to get my keys reset after every update?
  • @Happy, What update did you do? If you only update our software, you still can use your license code to register. And, when you update software, you can retain the license information. So, you don't need to register again.
    But, if you have changed the system and hardware, it will be recognized as a new device. So, the license code needs to be reset, then you can use it again.