Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper Standard v6.2 and up doesn't detect locations to backup.

I can't use any versions of Aomei Backupper standard newer than 6.1 due to a bug where the program can't detect any partitions or disks, including the system partition. v6.1 works fine, but (as of now,) 6.2, 6.3, and 6.4 are all unusable for me.

I can still use older versions fine, so it is a change in the program that was implemented in v6.2, and not an issue with my system.

This issue can cause the automatic backup to run until the process is manually ended in windows task manager, and I've seen some issues in the forums described like that, so they might be related issues.

Also, there's an unrelated bug introduced somewhere between 5.7 and 6.1, (I don't remember which version), which prevents the program from being opened while the automatic backup is running.

Hope you can help!

Comments

• @ADreamEater, Could you install the latest version 6.4 again? And, please check if the "Memory Integrity" under Windows Security is turned on. If yes, please turn off it and then run AOMEI Backupper to check again.

• That fixed the detection issue!
    The memory Integrity setting for windows is kind of weird anyway, so I'm fully prepared to accept that as an explanation, but I do idly wonder what makes newer versions of Backupper incompatible with it.

Thanks!
  • @ADreamEater, We update the drivers in the newer versions of Backupper. But, it seems that the new driver is incompatible with the Memory Integrity. We will optimize it after.