Home AOMEI Products Support

Limiting number of incremental backups stored

I have been using the most recent version of  AOMEI Backupper Pro since February on a Windows 10 Pro computer.  I have it set to do an incremental backup to an external HD every night right after midnight.  I just noticed that it has saved an incremental backup for every day since it started.  As of today, that means there are 71 files in the backup folder on the external HD.

I cannot find any way in the program to set a limit on how many incremental files to save.  Do I need to keep all of them?  If I don't, how many should I keep?  Is there any way to set it in the program to automatically only keep a set number of backup files (like you can do in Acronis True Image)?

Ideally what I would like to do is run a full backup, then run 6 incremental backups, then run another full backup, and just keep repeating the cycle.  That way I could delete all but the last couple of full/incremental backup sets.  Is there a way to do that in the program too?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• edited April 2021
    You have to locate and enable the "Backup Scheme" option.  Once on that screen you can specify how many incrementals to keep.  I believe that this option is only available on Aomei Backupper Pro though.
  • Thank you so much Vbbritt!!!  That was exactly what I was looking for.  That should give me what I need.
  • Glad I was able to help.