Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloning Speed keeps getting slower

Hello everyone,
I've got the paid AOMEI Backupper pro software and I am currently trying to clone 400 GB from my old 1 TB Hard Drive to my brand new 2 TB SSD.
The HDD is not where my windows 10 system is located. It is only data.

I fear the HDD starts failing thus I run chckdsk /r and started cloning.

It started at over 150 MB/s and 2 or 3 hours remaining time. While I expected it to drop it is now after 24 hours at 2,6 MB/s and 18 hours remaining time. What's worse is that it keeps getting slower. For every hour that passes the remaining time increases or stays the same. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Will it get faster later on? I am not sure if it will even finish.

I use a USB 3.0 port and a USB 3.0 to SATA cable. I've checked that both the port and the cable as well as my new SSD are faultless.

Thank you for any advice or reassurance.

Comments

• @Murakumo, did you mean that you use the USB 3.0 port and a USB 3.0 to SATA cable to connect the SSD?
    Could you try to copy a big file from the HDD to SSD, then check the change of the speed.

• This sounds so familiar. Acronis pro version did the same by cloning Windows to my 2 HDD, each few years apart. Wrecked them both the same way.  I had spent much time to convince this Swiss outfit that it has fatal flaw, but see that it was ignored.
    The extended time in my case was caused by the cloning softwar, it tried to clone one sector that was somehow damaged on the target drive. I knew about it because it was repaired and flagged.
    When it failed, it moved onto next sector,  screwed it up and  the next and the next.
    When finished after 15 hours the number of wrecked sectoes was 1,300 plus and the both HDD went to the garbage bin. Hope yours is still OK.
    I am still looking for reliable cloning software, AOMEI does not look as an option.
    Happy computing