Home AOMEI Products Support

SSD not showing properly

Hello All, hope you are well?  

Im having a wee issue and wonder if some lovely bod might help?  I want to clone my 128GB SSD onto a larger HDD. Ive removed the SSD from the laptop, and put it into an enclosure. Ive attached it to a desktop PC, via USB (tried USB2 and USB3 slot). The drive comes up, in file explorer, but it shows as empty. Ive opened disk management and this shows the drive as “online”, and the whole row is just blank. How do I correct this, so that I can copy it, please? (Its an M2 internal)

I am using Windows 10 Pro. The SSD works fine in the laptop, which is also W10P - it holds the operating system etc.  It’s my first time trying to clone an SSD that wasnt empty, so I am a little bit stumped!. Ive done loads of HDD to SDD without issue, and naively thought it would be as simple :#  It doesnt appear in AOMEI partition assistant or backupper.

Thanks in advance  :)
Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2023
    There are many types of external M.2 readers. Just because your M.2 disk fits inside the reader does not mean the reader is the correct type to read that disk. There is M.2 SATA, M.2 NVMe, B key, M key, B & M key, etc. While there are readers that can read more types than other readers, unfortunately there are no readers that can read all types. Please confirm the reader disk type, and key type from manufacturer website matches disk type and key type.
  • @Chellebear, For system disk clone, we suggest that you boot from the disk and then clone it. So, please connect the SSD on the laptop, and boot from it, then install software to do the clone on the laptop. You can connect the target SSD to laptop via USB port When you do the clone.