Home AOMEI Products Support

restore backed up files to different pc in case of computer crash

HI,
I want to use Aomei Free backup just to back up file folders to an external drive.  If my primary pc crashes, can I restore those backed up files to a DIFFERENT pc?? Thanks

Comments

• edited August 2023
    If your goal is to backup your files or folders, but not the Windows system, then you do not need BackUpper (BU) to do that. You may simply connect external disk, open File Explorer and copy files and folders. A recommended step is to before you begin backup, please confirm your external disk is GPT partition table, and either NTFS or ExFat file system, if that is not the case, please move all files and folders from external disk to another disk, then change to GPT and either NTFS or ExFat. MBR partition table, and FAT32 file system are not recommended for backups.
    If you want to use BU to backup folders manually, you could use free version to create folder image file. If you want to backup all your files, and also the Windows system, please use BU Disk Backup, or System Backup.
    Backupper WinPE USB:
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary. Does not work with some monitors.
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html

• @Ptkeam, Yes, you can back up files/folders and restore them to different PCs. You can refer to the suggestion of AiArtisan.