Home AOMEI Products Support

App Mover and AppData

When using AppMover to move IDM's UltraEdit to a different drive, the AppData for FTP was not moved with it.  When I attempted to restore UltraEdit to the C drive, it still did not recognize the old AppData. 
Is there any way to get the two back together.  There are MANY FTP accounts that I need to access.

Comments

• edited February 5
    PA AppMover does not fully move all of the app, it merely moves most of the data inside the app. After using AM, the original app folder will still be in it's same original location so that it still works when you start that program, but most of the data inside that folder will have been moved to another partition.
    If you have used PA AM to move most of the data of an app, then you changed your mind and reversed the AM, then it should go back to working normally. If you reversed the AM, and that program is not working normally, then you could use Windows System Restore Point, or you could restore from a Backupper image of your disk that you made just prior to using PA AM.
    After you resolve this issue, if your goal is to get more free space on your PC, you could instead use PA Find Large Files feature. Or, use Windows Control Panel Programs to uninstall unnecessary programs.
    "When I attempted to restore UltraEdit to the C drive, it still did not recognize the old AppData. "
    Please reply with a screenshot of this error.
    Partition Assistant Manual
    Tech Support
    [email protected]