Home AOMEI Products Support

USB flash drive (SSD) shows different volumes.

Hello,

I have recently bought a USB flash drive and this was advertised as 16TB. So when I start placing files on it the files were showing bigger volume than what my PC shows, so I did a bit of research than worked a lot on it but eventually through the command prompt I found out that it was actually a 2TB usb flash (ssd) drive. After clean, format and assign I thought it was done and ready. I have been trying to place files and there are a lot of them so i had to wait like entire day for just half of it, the problem was my laptop just ejects the USB after some time so I had to configure this setting again. And I'm guessing because of improper eject(while transferring files to usb) the USB got corrupted. Tried to fix it without losing the data but nothing help. I really tried everything through the command prompt, other things such as device manager, disk management etc, problem solve, scan and fix etc etc..  Than I remember AOMEI Partition Assistant because I had used this beautiful software when I format the laptop. Now it's showing 2 different volumes and I can't tell if it has 2 partition. Obviously its modified to look like a 16TB. And how do I know my USB is completely clean and there is nothing wrong with it. At some other places it says this device is working properly but this is what I see at AOMEI Partition Assistant.

Comments

• Btw it was FAT32 but when I tried to fix some problems I had to convert to NTFS to continue. Besides USB A mount, this flash drive has also a Type C mount which you can just insert into your phone and transfer files. What are the best settings for my flash drive? Like is FAT32 better? And what about the MBR or GPT? 
    Btw I contacted the webpage where I bought this flash drive and they refund me 100% when I told them item does not match the description, so I get to keep this one  B)
  • Thank you Eternal. This is a fake USB drive. Please download and use ValiDrive to check it. It will quickly check every sector, and show you the fake total, and the actual total. After that, you can throw it away and buy a good one. I recommend the Crucial X9 for large storage, and consistant extreme speed.
    Validrive - Detect Fake USB Sticks
    https://www.grc.com/validrive.htm