Home AOMEI Products Support

Accidentally overwrite source disk with empty ssd while cloning

I'm using Aomei Diskupper 6.9.1 i think

im 99% sure i set the source disk to the 1TB HDD and the destination disk to the 250GB SSD.. thats what i did the first time which had an error because of gpt->mbr so i just repeated what i did the second time 

Disk Clone
screen 1 = set source, pick my 1TB hdd (actual data used is about 100GB)
screen 2 = set destination, pick 250gb ssd (

The source hdd was gpt and the dest ssd was mbr if i remember corrextly 

then i started to clone and the screen blanked out a few times except for the mouse and then it said it was done and i was like wait, no way, too fast that's impossible and i checked and realized my hdd was messed up becuase now it says it only has 100 MB on it

I picked ssd optimize and the default for the space used .. i dont remember right now if it was add unused space to partition or copy without resizings partition

i checked logs and they don't seem to say which disk i cloned from and to, im not sure if i checked the correct log or it just doesn't have that information. it does have all the other information like size of partitions and settings i chose 

most likely i made a mistake in picking source to destination disk (although i want to confirm it with log) but anyway is there anything i can do to retrieve my data from the HDD?

Comments

• edited April 8
    Thank you, that does not sound fun. Lets work on this. Please go to another working PC, update to latest Backupper 7.3.4. I see you were using version 6, that is from about 5 years ago.
    Could you please reply with the answers to:
    1) Which motherboard mode Legacy-BIOS, UEFI-CSM, UEFI-nonCSM?
    2) What PC brand, year, model #, desktop or laptop?
    3) Which hard drive type SSHD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    4) What Aomei product tier Standard, Pro, Other? Version?
    5) What Windows version 10, 11, Home, Pro, Enterprise?
    6) C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper\<Version>\log\reg.log
    7) Please post a screenshot of your issue from Partition Assistant, and also of
    Cmd
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    list partition
    list volume
    detail disk
    Backupper WinPE USB:
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/create-bootable-disk.html
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary. Does not work on some Monitors.

Partition Assistant WinPE USB:
    https://www.diskpart.com/help/make-bootable-cd-wizard.html
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary.

Aomei (Win)PE Builder USB:
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html
    Best for PCs before 2020, includes Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, DiskMgmt.msc. Supports x64 portable apps. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal M.2 NVMe disks.

• edited April 9
    "Please go to another working PC, update to latest Backupper 7.3.4"
    I'm sorry, I meant to write,
    Please go to another working PC, update to latest Backupper 7.3.4, and create a Backupper USB drive, and a Partition Assistant 10.3.1 USB drive, and post a screenshot from them here, thanks.
  • @Messedupclone, Please email the support team and offer the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check.