Home AOMEI Products Support

New SSD disappear after clone failed (with bad resource sector)

I have tried to clone disk HHD to SSD (new) but got error with bad resource sector. after that I shut down my computer and then turn on again. from now on I can't see my new SSD even in Disk management and I found disk driver is missing too.  Can you/someone fix my SSD. Because it's new SSD and just first time used.

Comments

• edited July 9
    Hello Kthong11, and thank you for posting this question.
    "I have tried to clone disk"
    Which Aomei product are you using? Backupper, Partition Assistant?
    "bad resource sector"
    Please first diagnose that this is not a hardware problem. Replug all cables and connections to the disk. What type of SSD? 2.5", or M.2? Confirm M.2 SSD is installed correctly and carefully.
    If you cannot see disk in UEFI / BIOS, that could mean there is a harware problem.
    If you confirm that there is no hardware problem, then please go to Device Manager > Disk > delete driver, restart PC, check that Windows automatically reinstalled SSD driver. If SSD drive still does not work, go to SSD manufacturer website, manually download correct Model # driver.INF file.
    Please use Aomei Partition Assistant app > Disk Test > slow setting, that will check if there detectable permanent Bad Sectors on disk.
    Partition Assistant WinPE USB:
    https://www.diskpart.com/help/make-bootable-cd-wizard.html
    Add custom drivers, such as NVMe, if necessary.

• I used AOMEI Partition Assistant.  try to clone HHD 1TB to SSD 2.5"  480gb.  In BIOS, it shows both HHD and SSD.
    Prior cloning, I've checked disk drives there is SSD 480gb driver. But after clone failed and I go to disk drives SSD 480gb is gone only HHD driver exist.
  • @Kthong11, Please take screenshots of Windows Disk Management so that we check. And, please also offer the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Partition Assistant so that we check.
  • Please use Aomei Partition Assistant app > Disk Test > slow setting, that will check if there detectable permanent Bad Sectors on disk.
  • Please find attached
  • @Kthong11. Please check the device manager to see if it list the second disk. You might need to re-connect the SSD to check again.