Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper - after Upgrade to Win 11 24H2 Image Verification Error 4104

After Upgrading to Win 11 24H2 ervery Image Verification fails with Error 4104. I never had any problems before. No other changes were made to the system. I tested the backup on 3 different USB hard drives and a second built-in hard drive. Same Error on all disks with Backupper version 7.3.5 and 7.4. When I look at the image in File Explorer, I see 9 drive symbols one below the other. Drive symbols 1 - 8 are marked with a *. Drive icon 9 shows the name of the backed up hard drive. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Addition:
    I just tested an older backup.
    This was created under Win 11 23H2.
    The verification at that time was error-free.
    When I test it now - under Win 24H 2 - I also get error code 4101.
    File Explorer also shows the same view with the previous backup.
    (9 Drive symbols one below the other, drive 1 - 8 with *, 
    drive 9 with the name of the secured hard drive.)
  • @Yogi99 For error 4104, please try to separately check the image file via Tools-->Check Image. Or, you can explore the image to check the backup content. Generally, when the image can be explored successfully, it is able to be restored. If the image is invalid or unable to explore, you can create a new backup to check if it works. If the problem remains, please email our support team and attach the "log" folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so we will help you further analyze this issue. About error 4101, please first try the below suggestions: 1. If the destination is a local path, please check if the destination path has "System" permission. If not, please add "System" permission for your destination path and retry. Right-click the destination partition, and select "Properties"-"Security" tab to add "System" permission. 2. If the destination is a shared path, please also check and add the "System" permission for the shared location on the target computer. And, please also check if the number of users shared simultaneously in the shared folder has reached the limit. We suggest that you set the number of users shared simultaneously to 20(default). 3. If the destination is a NAS device, please confirm the account that is used to access the NAS Path has read/write permission. You can press Win+R, and then type into the NAS path to open, and check if you can open and copy files to the destination NAS folder. And, we suggest that you add the NAS or shared network path under Tools--Storage Management of AOMEI Backupper and select the added path as the destination. If the login credentials or IP address of the network path have been changed, please delete NAS.xml under C:\ProgramData\AomeiBR, and re-add the NAS via the IP address way under Storage Management. 4. If the destination is an external drive, please check if the external drive is disconnected or its' drive letter is changed when you do the backup. Please reconnect the external drive with the same drive letter as the target path of the backup task, then back up again.
  • Hello Admin, I made a typo in the second post. It was also error 4104, not 4101. As soon as I have another empty hard drive, I will test the recovery on it.
  • @Yogi99 Ok, for 4104, you can just try to manually explore and check the image to check if it works.

• Hello admin, I tried today to restore the image file to a new, empty disk. This blank SSD is installed in an external enclosure. Previously this always worked without any problems. Now the recovery process starts. But recovery hangs at 23 percent now for over 1 hour. No error message and Aomei Backupper seems to have lost connection to the external hard drive. The activity LED on the external drive has also been off since then.
  • My installed products:
    AOMEi Backupper Professional and PartitionAssistant Professional - each in the latest version...
  • @Yogi99 Has the restore process been finished in the end?
    You can try to save the backup on another hard drive and then retry the restore.
    Or, you can try to create a bootable media and then restore the backup under WinPE.
    Please check how to create a bootable media here:

• Hello Admin,

The drive being backed up always showed a "dirty bit". I then completely deleted it with Aomei Partition Assistant Professional. Afterwards, I was able to successfully restore the previously created backup - although it still showed error 4104 when checking the image with Aomei Backupper Professional. So the 4104 error when checking the image with Aomei Backupper Professional seems to be a "false positive". You can therefore mark the topic as closed. Thank you for your support.
  • PS:
    I tried several times to delete the dirty bit with chknts or chkdsk.
    Always without success.
    But after restoring the image it was gone.
  • edited September 10
    Yogi99, if the tools you are using are not working, you could try the tools in the new Hirens 1.08 Windows 11 2024 version.
    Please reply with a screenshot of your issue, thank you.
    Partition Assistant General Help Topics
    https://www.diskpart.com/help/index.html

Partition Assistant Manual
    https://www.diskpart.com/download/UserManual.pdf

Aomei (Win)PE Builder USB:
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html
    Suite of tools that includes Backupper, Partition Assistant, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, DiskMgmt.msc. Supports x64 portable apps. Some internal M.2 NVMe disks may not be detected. No additional drivers.
    Free tool not from Aomei:
    Hirens Boot PE 1.08 2024 - Best live USB tool suite
    https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download
    Based on Windows 11, includes 160 utilities, BU 7.3.3, PA 10.2.2. Put custom drivers into the “CustomDrivers” folder.