Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Partition Assistant - Remove duplicate files functionality BUG??

Dear all, I am currently using the Free version of the partition assistant as part of my evaluation process. One of the things i was interested in was to also use the duplicate files feature. I did an experiment to find duplicate images comparing my My Pictures folders on my main and back up disks. I made sure nothing was removed from my main disk by locking the location. Duplicate finder seemed to find all duplicates BUT here is what i found:
1. I selected option to move deleted files to a folder instead of deleting them. The result was that AOMEI created a structure of my My Pictures/Subfolders and some of them have the deleted photos in them but most of the photos were dumped onto the root of the folder. I would expect AOMEI to create an exact structure of the source and dump into each folder the duplicate photos. What it did was it did that for some of them only...So, having this kind of behaviour is not good is it?
2. When removing duplicate photos taken by old cameras, they seem to have the same filename like DSC_001.JPG etc...So when removing duplicate photos it took ages because AOMEI failed to correctly reflect the source subdirectory structure and kept asking to Overwrite or Skip or Inpect details...Again this is one of the things that could be corrected...

I will keep trying it out and see if i come up with anything else. But for now, its quite buffling why it behaves like this...

Comments