Home AOMEI Products Support

Backing up folder

Hi.

Hope someone can clear this up for me.

I have a folder backup set to run at 17.15 every night as incremental.

Checked it had worked this morning - it had.

However the program is running and while my colleague said it was at 20% when she looked at it, when I did, it said 1%.

Surely the program shouldn't kick in until 17.15? So don't know why it's running, and why has it dropped back to 1%?

I'll check it again later, but for now it is making backups, but just seems odd kicking in like that - it actually says it's calculating if that's any use.

Any help would be great.

Dave

Comments

• Thank you for your question, Dave, I understand you are experiencing slow and unexpected tasks in Backupper. You could try reinstalling BU, or recreating the backup task. Please reply with a screenshot of your task from the Home screen, and upload your log file folder under the installation directory of Aomei Backupper. Generally, it is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Aomei\Aomei Backupper\<Version>\log
    Or:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Aomei\Aomei Backupper\<Version>\log\reg.log

Tech Support
    [email protected]
    Backupper Guide
    https://www.ubackup.com/help/

Backupper Manual
    https://www.aomeitech.com/docs/AOMEI_Backupper_UserManual.pdf

• Will do but I'm away for the next week...
  • I should have also said that the program is set to run at 17.15 every night. But when my colleague saw it at 20% and it later showed up as 1% it was at 10.30 in the morning. So it seemed to have started up again.
  • Prior to BU automated backup, please close all applications, including Outlook.
    Once per day, turn PC off.
  • @daveanderton Please remove the AOMEI Backupper from the intercept list of your anti-virus software and rerun.

Also, select Start-->Settings-->Update&Security-->Windows Security to open Windows Security Center. Then select “Virus&threat protection”, click “Allow an app through Controlled folder access” under Ransomware protection to add "AOMEI Backupper" as an allowed app.

Or, please turn off the “Real-time protection” under Manage settings.

If the problem remains, please email our support team at [email protected] and offer the “log” folder under the installation directory C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper\7.4.0\log so the technicians will analyze this issue.

• Hi People.

Problem is solved. It was, as usual, down to human stupidity on my part.

I had told Back upper to create a full backup for permanent retention. But in my schedule I had also told it to start off with a full backup. I think the program just became confused, or there was too much going on.

I looked at the situation this morning and I have two full backups and three intermittent ones. Based on my comments above this would appear to be what I expected.

I'm going to check in a couple of days and I'll report back with any further info as necessary, but I'm guessing that this is solved.

Dave
  • @daveanderton Thanks for your update.
    You can monitor if it works in next days.