Home AOMEI Products Support

Syncing to NAS

Hello,

I am a newbee in AOMEI's backupper. I have been using RicCopy for a long time, now willing to benefit from a more automated sequence. Hence Backupper Professional.

I have scheduled a NAS to be active at a weekly periode, and intend to sync some PC folders within this. AOMEI Backupper is setup in "basic sync" mode, and properly scheduled.

1. As the NAS already has a fully complete and identical load of folders and files than the PC's synced volume, I have been stunned that Backupper takes so much time to sync. Of course this NAS is a low power, HHD loaded, slow machine, but RichCopy takes a handful of minutes, while Backupper takes a couple of hours ("Verify" option included)

2. Backupper makes a snapshot before syncing. Can this be switched off, as the NAS has his own ?

3. Can a "magic packet send to NAS" procedure be added at the beginning of the syncing ? Of course there are third party specialized software available, but I beleive taht an ibedded option would be better.

Thank you for your attention

Comments

• 1. This issue might occur because AOMEI Backupper will take time to count and compare the source and destination data.
    If the NAS connection is with issue, it will take much more time to load and finish the sync.
    2. No, it is unable to switch off.
    3. "Can a "magic packet send to NAS" procedure be added at the beginning of the syncing?"---Could you please what the procedure is for?

• "basic sync"
    I personally recommend Mirror Sync in most situations, it is more rebust than Basic Sync.
    "magic packet send to NAS"
    I don't know what this means.
    "Verify option included"
    You are not required to use the Verify setting, you could disable that. Most users do not use the Verify setting.
    Please reply if you have further questions. Have a nice day.
  • Thank you for responses

I use this NAS as a safe, powered on for instance 9h-11h every monday, then shut off. Nas has his own start and stop automat. For syncing, I just have to get the PC to be on duty during the period, which can be done with the appropriate schedule parameters.

What I was talking about is the possibility to awake the NAS from Backupper Pro. This seems possible from the "Options / Commands" tab inside "Basic Sync".

NAS parameters are setup to allow "Wake from Lan".

Then you just have to send fron Backupper Pro a "Magic packet" on the LAN with the appropriate NAS address, ie : IP or MAC address, to awake the NAS. This address is known of Backupper Pro, as it needs it to reach the NAS for syncing

Of course, third party software is available to do that. But this leads to combine supplementary software and command line procedure to do a very simple task...

Best Regards

• Thank you Selage, please also contact Aomei by email, to get full support.
    Tech Support
    [email protected]