Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Syncing to NAS neverending or taking sooooo long time

Hello,

I post this in the feedback section for the sake of trying to understand why syncing to NAS take a long time and, maybe, leading to improvement :

Real time syncing between 2 internal SSDs in my PC works fast and perfect.

But syncing from these SSD to a NAS on local network takes a very long time (nearly 5 hours to sync 1,2 To in 50,000 files). Even if all the files are already in the NAS, ie : no file transfer being necessary. 

I have tried "Basic sync" and "Mirror sync" to get the same result.

It looks like Backupper sends the whole bunch of source files to the NAS and expects the NAS to sync itself if necessary. That's why it takes 5 hours.

For comparison, RichCopy looks like asking for the NAS's list of files, compares and decide to send only the necessary. So it takes only minutes to sync.

Thank you for your attention

Comments

• @Selage As per the sync speed, it depends on many factors, for example, the size of the data, system configuration, drive connection, NAS connection, read/write speed, and so on.
    It is usually faster if the source and destination drives connection are well and with high read/write speed.
    It might take a long time to count data and then copy if the destination is NAS, especially when the NAS connection is poor.
  • Hello Admin,

Should I follow your line of lecturing, I would write that "Whatever  the factors you mentionned are, Backupper's syncing is surely faster if source and destination drives are already synced". Ha !

Or, it should be.

The problem is : it is not !

Even if source and destination drives are already synced, that is to say : there is nothing to do but check if there is something to do, Backupper Pro takes a very long time to complete.

By the way, Me too have experienced the "lockout by Backupper" situation when I shut down my PC while Backupper was neverending. Got a "will shut down after completion" message. Could not restart the PC after that.

Had to forcefully restart by power cycle to get out of this  ;-))

• @Selage If there are too many files, it might take a long time even though the data has been synchronize.
    "By the way, Me too have experienced the "lockout by Backupper" situation when I shut down my PC while Backupper was neverending. Got a "will shut down after completion" message. Could not restart the PC after that."---There is indeed such an issue in some system environments.
    You can shut the PC down and turn it on. It will not affect the system boot.
    Our technicians will also optimize this issue in more system environments.