Home AOMEI Products Support

System restore - how to restore multiple partitions at one go

edited October 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I have a system backup that has copies of the "system reserved" and Windows c:; and I want to restore both in one operation to the same locations (overwrite). I have 2 other partitions on the same physical disk (recovery partition and Data).

If I try a system restore I am only allowed to select one destination: the "system reserved" partition is obviously too small, and if I do a system restore to the c: drive, it wants to duplicate the system reserved partition within it; which it can't do as it runs out of allowed partitions. With other software I have used, I could select a partition to restore, then add another, but I can't see how to do this with Aomei

Comments

• Hi,

You can select C: drive to do the restore directly, after restoring, you can delete the previous System Reserved partition manually. It will not affect the operating system boot. 

• edited October 2015

That is a kludge at best, and would then require resizing and moving partitions around. This is something that needs to be addressed by changing the program to work sensibly. IMO.