Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloned disk problem

I cloned a disk about a month ago, and it's been working fine. My backup programs will not do system backups. On further investigation, I discovered that what 'used' to be marked as the System, Active and Primary partition is now. I'm surprised the computer boots.

It's Disk 0. How do I make that System, Active and Primary. I have another machine identical to this one, and that is what it shows. The old disk was failing, so I don't want to try booting from it again, in case I need data from it.

Here is a screen shot.

Thanks

John

imageIMG_3339.JPG

Comments

• So Disk 0 is the cloned disk? Can you boot from it?

• Yes I can, surprisingly enough!! It was cloned about a month ago with your software.

It wasn't performing system backups, and I found this issue. File backups are okay. Someone suggested using BCDboot to fix this, but I'm not familiar with that at all.

• Did you boot from the cloned disk to perform system backup?

• Yes. I took the old disk right out. It boots from the cloned disk, but that partition seems to be incorrect. It was system backup with the new, cloned disk, that showed an error.

• What's the error message?

• I'll rerun it tonight, and get back to you with details.

• OK, better to upload a screenshot of the error. And a screenshot of Disk Management would be great.