Home Storage General Discussion

Issue with HPC Storage

Hello fellow community members,

I wanted to bring up an issue I've been facing with HPC storage and AomeiTech software, and seek your advice or assistance in resolving it. Here's a brief description of the problem:

Recently, I've been utilizing High-Performance Computing (HPC) storage solutions for my data-intensive tasks. To manage and optimize the storage, I decided to try out AomeiTech software, known for its reputed storage management capabilities. However, I've encountered some challenges that I can't seem to overcome.

The specific issues I'm facing include:

Incompatibility with HPC Storage: Despite AomeiTech's claims of compatibility with various storage systems, it appears to have compatibility issues with HPC storage solutions. When attempting to perform tasks such as partitioning, disk cloning, or backup operations on my HPC storage, the software either fails to recognize the storage or encounters errors during the process.

Performance Degradation: Even when AomeiTech manages to recognize the HPC storage, there is a noticeable degradation in performance during storage operations. Tasks that should ideally be swift and efficient become sluggish and time-consuming. This performance impact is highly undesirable, especially when working with large datasets and time-sensitive computational tasks.

Limited Technical Support: When I reached out to AomeiTech's technical support team for assistance, I received limited help in resolving the issues related to HPC storage. Their responses were either generic and not applicable to my situation or lacked proper guidance for troubleshooting the compatibility and performance problems. This lack of comprehensive technical support has left me feeling frustrated and stuck.

Considering the importance of HPC storage in my work, it is crucial for me to find a suitable storage management solution that seamlessly integrates with my system and does not hinder performance. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, insights, or alternative software recommendations from the community.

If any of you have faced similar challenges with AomeiTech software or have successfully resolved compatibility and performance issues with HPC storage, I kindly request your guidance. Additionally, if you know of any alternative storage management software that works well with HPC storage systems, please share your recommendations.

Thank you all for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences on this matter.

Best regards,
Adelenoble
Tagged:

Comments

• If you have a technical question, post it. If you have low performance, post a screenshot.
  • @Adelenoble, We didn't check your email (your account email address). Did you use another email to contact the support team?
    "When attempting to perform tasks such as partitioning, disk cloning, or backup operations on my HPC storage, the software either fails to recognize the storage or encounters errors during the process."---Could you take some screenshots so that we check the problem further?