Home Storage General Discussion

Restore programs without restoring the OS

Is there a way to backup and restore whole programs (i.e. Microsoft office, Bluebeam, etc) without restoring the OS?  I need to delete the current OS due to possible corruption and reinstall it.  Then, I would like to restore the programs to the new OS.  Is this possible?

Comments

• @JosephBradyMcDonald, AOMEI Backupper can't achieve the purpose.
  • edited January 9
    Thank you Joseph, there is no standard way to migrate applications to another Windows. If you are an average user, then you should reinstall your apps in your new Windows.
    If you are an advanced user, with an extremely important app that you don't want to reinstall, then you could try 3rd party tools that specialize in app migration to another OS. I tried this once with PCMover paid version, but it failed, even after contacting support.
    Aomei Partition Assistant has a feature called App Mover, but that feature only moves the data contained in an app, it doesn't move the app installation directory, it will not solve your particular issue.
    Some apps can export data & settings, and then on new OS, can import back into new app.
    If your MS Office and Onedrive are currently signed into the same MS account, then in your new OS, if you sign into the same MS account in Office and Onedrive, your same documents will download from the cloud.