Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloned new SSD with Partition Assistant Pro - No have Boot Error Code 0xc00000e

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 3470. I am running Windows 11 Pro - 22621.3007.
My mother board has a 512GB SSD. Using Partion Assistant Pro v 10.2.2 I have cloned that SSD to a KingSpec 2TB SSD using a USB adapter. For cloning, I selected Clone Disk, Clone Disk Quickly, I have checked Optimize performance for SSD, and allowed the partions take up the entire SSD. 

After successful cloning. I removed the target SSD from the USB and put it in the motherboard. When I restart the machine I am getting a BSOD and the error code is 0xc00000e. Any suggestions on who to fix this? thanks

Comments

• edited January 24
    Thank you John, excellent documentation of the issue.
    In clone quickly mode, it copies everything but the partition table MBR/GPT, and Windows will not boot if that is mismatched. Please confirm your target disk had the same partition table type prior to the clone.
    If you remember confirming that the partition table type matched prior to your clone, then you have 2 options, you could do the MigrateOS mode, or you could do a clone with Exact-Sector-By-Sector setting, that will take longer, but it will copy it more exactly.
    Which type of SSDs are you using SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    If you clone from one type of SSD to a different type, then the clone is not the problem, Windows and your UEFI expect the same SSD type. Again, the solution is to use MigrateOS feature.
    If all of these solutions do not work, please reply with screenshots.

• @Johnben22, Please delete partitions on the target SSD, and then do the clone again without resizing partitions (you can resize space after clone and boot from the cloned SSD). And then, please check if the cloned SSD will boot. If it still can't boot, please contact the support team ([email protected]) to check and fix the boot error further.