Home AOMEI Products Support

BackUpper Broken By Latest Update

Windows 10, Dell Inspiron Laptop, Windows has all current updates.

I updated this morning to the suggested/latest update, and now BackUpper will not do a backup. The error message:
    The program did not find the system partition. Please Reboot the system and try again.

Execution time: 4/5/2024 10:02:59 AM
         Plan name: System Backup(49)
          Operation: Partition Full Backup
Execution result: Failed
         Error code: 4123
        Description: All partitions that need to be backed up have not been found.

It worked before the update, but now does not.

I have checked the system with the Windows 10 tools and it says there is no issues. I have rebooted multiple times, but no joy.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• edited April 5
    Thank you for contacting the Forums, FnPauly, this must be frustrating. You just want it to work.
    "Windows has all current updates"
    Windows 10 & 11 do not automatically do Optional updates for you, you must do them manually. Please confirm you have done all Optional updates.
    Are you using MS Bitlocker? Did you or Windows make a change to MS Bitlocker partition perhaps? Please check.
    It is possible that a Windows update, or Driver Update caused this issue. Do you use a 3rd party Driver Updater, such as AVG, Driver Genius, etc? Sometimes 3rd party driver updaters can cause problems.
    Were you using BU Scheduled Backup, during startup? If so, please recreate the scheduled task and try again.
    If the issue is still there, please reply with a screenshot of the error, and of Windows Disk Management, or Partition Assistant, thank you FnPauly!

• Thanks for the reply!

I am very computer literate. Worked for Dell 25 years, in the Windows Software Department.
    Been in computers since the 80's.

Not using Bit Locker.
    No partition changes made since new, 3+ years ago.
    No Windows Updates, since last use of Aomei BackUpper
    No driver updates made, in a long time.
    No 3rd party Driver Updater used or installed
    Not using the scheduled backup, I just clicked: Backup -> System Backup ... Error Shows instantly

Went to Backup -> Partition Backup -> "Add Partition or Volume". The partition display, shows no partitions.
         Screen Shot attached
    Error and Disk Management also attached.
  • UPDATE - There was one Windows Cumulative Update (KB5035941) available.
    I installed it and rebooted and now Aomei BackUpper sees the partitions and a BackUpper backup is running.
    It is possible that there was an issue with something and it was fixed by the update?

I looked at the System File Checker Log, but didn't see anything that pointed to anything.

NOTE - Aomei BackUpper was running fine before the Aomei update was installed.

Thanks for the help.
  • @Fnpauly, This is a bug on automatic update. Please manually download and install the latest version again.
    https://www.ubackup.com/changelog.html
  • I uninstalled/Reinstalled (from above link) Aomei BackUpper and it appears to work correctly.
    It now sees all drives as it should.

Thanks!
    Paul Maia