Home AOMEI Products Support

How would I backup Storage Spaces?

I have x2 4TB SSDs setup in Storage Spaces as a Single Simple Logical Storage (so 8TB pool). I currently have Backupper running a File/Folder Backup with Integrity Check upon finishing. Is this the best way to Backup Storage Spaces? I tried to do Disk/Partition Backup but noticed that Backupper wasn't showing how much space was being used for both SSDs and just showed the entire capacity of the SSDs as a whole. I assume Backupper was about to do a sector-by-sector backup for both SSDs? Regardless if Backupper doesn't support Storage Spaces I should still be able to Explore/Restore this File/Folder Backup as it is essentially copying the files to a backup container correct?

Comments

• edited April 13
    Thank you, Dfg555.
    "I assume Backupper was about to do a sector-by-sector backup for both SSDs?"
    Backupper can do Exact-Sector-By-Sector setting, in the backup settings.
    "Backupper wasn't showing how much space was being used"
    Use Partition Assistant to see every disk and pool detail.
    After your operation has completed, could you please post a screenshot from Partition Assistant?
    How to do Exact-Sector-By-Sector setting.
    Partition Assistant Free
    https://www.aomeitech.com/download.html
    Uninstall free version to get 50% off Paid Version.

• Yes I know about the sector-by-sector backup, I was just assuming Backupper was about to do it instead as it doesn't seem to support Storage Spaces. The backup hasn't finished yet but PA just identifies the Pool Storage Spaces as one logical volume as I expected it to considering that's what Windows sets it up as.

My query isn't about sector-by-sector but basically if I can still do a Restore/Explore via Backupper regardless if Storage Spaces is supported or not?

• Ok so it has finished the backup and verified the files and it seems like I can restore/explore from it. I think this is the best way to handle backing up Microsoft Storage Spaces' Drives when using Backupper.

• edited April 14
    Could you please post a screenshot from Partition Assistant?
  • Hi, I've already posted the screenshot as shown above from both PA and AB.
  • AOMEI Backupper only can back up the disk individually in Storage Spaces. It can't back up and restore the configuration of Storage Spaces. 
  • That's fine, I can easily restore the configuration of storage spaces. All I care about is the data inside those storage spaces being accessible which it seems that AB can do it upon quickly testing.